Saturday, March 30, 2013

Rainy day in Jamaicaland.

The carnival was a great success! However, the rain did come down hard on us at the very end and we had to tie it together quickly.

Joel:
"Today I mostly just took pictures of the carnival we held with the kids. It was nice to observe the whole operation instead of taking part, although both are very exciting. I was glad to be able to watch how well it went and how much the kids were genuinely enjoying the various games we had set up. I. Love. You. Celeina. That was celeina one the children adopted by Jim and Penny. I am thankful for today, and look forward to the rest of the week!"

Nicole:
"Today was a very amazing day, I got to go out into the market to buy groceries and in doing that a lady named Lauralton approached me and began speaking to me and we made a really amazing connection and so I had told her where I'm from and that we are from a Christian school where we talk about Jesus freely. And I asked her if she have accepted Jesus in her heart and she did, she has been a Christian for 20 years and I could tell when someone has Jesus in there heart because of the joy on her face and so I asked her if her husband (Robert) is a Christian also and she said no and so I asked her if I can pray for her husband and so we prayed. It was very touching to have this experience."

As a team, we are all on the roof again debriefing and being together. Cha is slipping in and out like a narcoleptic (standard operating procedure). At least we know where he is!











































































4 comments:

  1. yay! ya'll look so happy! praying for all of you! <3 - Rachel Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! Thanks for more great pictures! We wondered if you could get a picture of Jim, Pennie and their family. It would be great to see them. We hope you have a blessed Easter day. Love, the Andersons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! He is Risen! Looks like some great things are happening! Praying that those to whom you are ministering would be blessed and that you all would be blessed through them. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete